Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Celebs ect.

I've been sticking to the 5B pencil for all of my recent sketches to try to break old habits I learned from using marker all the time. For me the build up process is more technical with pencil because of how little space you take up with each line you make, forcing me to go on the rendered side instinctively as opposed to a cartoon exaggeration.

Keeping my mind in question all the time for what I decide to say about my subject has always been important. Drawing caricatures one set way wouldn't be very interesting for me, plus there is no good excuse for not wanting to explore as an artist. It feels like I've started over new which is what I was hoping for.





1 comment:

  1. Foreshortening FTW! Awesome DeNiro. I still haven't seen Taxi Driver though... -_-

    ReplyDelete